Solution To Problems Installing Provide Feedback withSoundad-donfor Microsoft Office
by Jeffrey Stark
April 3rd, 2016
Like many people, I want sound feedback when using the Microsoft office suite so that I know that it is doing things. However, during installation and configuration of the office suite on several computers I have ran into a problem where even though the office suite is installed, the installer for the navigation sounds does not appear to recognize it.
Here is the work-around to get it to install:
- Download the installer for navigation sounds for office on the Microsoft site here
- Run "Sounds.exe"
- Do not press OK when you hit the screen that says the error message "Setup has detected that you do not have an Office 2000 family product installed on this machine"
- Open Windows Explorer, and if you haven’t already, enable viewing of hidden files)
- Find the USERS directory and the specific directory for the currently logged in user. i.e. On my pc, the folder is C:\users\JeffreyD\
- Open the 'AppData' directory, then 'Local', then 'Temp'.
- Search through the temp folder for a folder that contains a file called "sounds.msi".
- Once you've found "sounds.msi", double-click it to run it, and it will install the Office Sounds for you.